Expressions of Interest now open
- Help entrepreneurs and innovative companies commercialise their ideas.
- Grants of up to $500,000 available to eligible South Australian-based applicants through TechInSA.
- Expressions of interest can be submitted online at any time.
Examples of eligible projects include:
- proof of concept, including accessing and protecting intellectual property, prototyping, testing and market research
- product development
- early commercialisation. Eligibility criteria can be viewed in the SAECF Guidelines
How you will be assessed
Applications will be assessed by TechInSA and the Panel according to:
- their feasibility and commercial potential
- the capability, commercial experience and skill of the applicant’s board and/or management team and the people involved in the project
- the need for financial assistance and the extent to which the applicant commits its own resources (cash and in-kind) to the project
- evidence that IP created, developed and commercialised through the project is unique and will occur in South Australia
- how the project will contribute to the organisation’s development
- potential benefits to South Australia.
About the grant
The State Government’s $10 million South Australian Early Commercialisation Fund (SAECF) offers project-specific financial and business development support to help companies turn their bright ideas into commercial reality.
Competitive grants of up to $500,000 are provided in three stages: proof of concept, product development and early commercialisation. Matched funding is required in most cases.
South Australian technology and university research companies and entrepreneurs with ideas that have significant economic prospects can apply.