Applications now open
- Supports early-stage development of medical and assistive devices through research partnerships.
- Participants receive up to 250 hours of research to support prototype development, proof of concept work or product testing, and a 30-hour market assessment.
- Delivered through Flinders University.
To receive support through the MTP, proposals must:
- create or improve a medical device or assistive technology
- be technically and commercially feasible
- involve innovation
- be able to be completed within 250 hours or three months
- be proposed by a company, commercial enterprise or individual who agrees to form an entity with a current or proposed connection in South Australia.
The proposing business or individual must be able to co-contribute $5,000 (ex GST) to the project.
How to apply
Apply at MTP Grant registration
How you will be assessed
The MTP supports projects with an identified clinical need, sound technical solution and viable market opportunity.
About the program
The Medical Technologies Program (MTP) is part of the Medical Device Partnering Program.
It supports collaboration between Australian researchers, end-users and industry to develop market-ready medical devices and assistive technologies.
Previously funded MTP projects include the design and development of a ventilator prototype, the development of a new tool to help treat atrial fibrillation patients, the design of a dental x-ray device and the assessment of a bed frame to help people move from sitting to standing.