Applications have now closed.
- Showcase the importance of science and research to South Australian industry and communities.
- Recognise the researchers and teachers contributing to science and inspiring the next generation.
- Prizes include cash and title of ‘South Australian Scientist of the Year’, announced at a dinner on Friday 11 August 2017 at the Adelaide Convention Centre.
Nominees should note that:
- a past winner in one category may not apply in the same category
- they must be Australian citizens or hold permanent resident status
- most work or research related to the nomination must have been undertaken in South Australia
- they may be asked to promote their work and/or Awards participation in public engagement and events.
How you will be assessed
Assessment criteria for the Award categories:
- South Australian Scientist of the Year Award
- PhD Research Excellence Award
- STEM Professional Award
- STEM Educator of the Year (two awards)
- School Teaching
- Tertiary Teaching
- Excellence in Research Collaboration
About the program
The South Australian Science Excellence Awards showcase the critical importance of science and research to the development of industry and our society.
They acknowledge the achievements of recent PhD graduates and early career science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) professionals and teachers who are contributing to society nationally and internationally.
The awards also celebrate those who have made a significant contribution in their field of research and continue to inspire future generations to become involved in science, and promote science and research-related professions as career choices.